“You know you have fallen too deep when all you can think is to detach yourself from the unfamiliar lips.” —Fact #11
“I actually attack the concept of happiness. The idea that - I don’t mind people being happy - but the idea that everything we do is part of the pursuit of happiness seems to me a really dangerous idea and has led to a contemporary disease in Western society, which is fear of sadness. It’s a really odd thing that we’re now seeing people saying “write down 3 things that made you happy today before you go to sleep”, and “cheer up” and “happiness is our birthright” and so on. We’re kind of teaching our kids that happiness is the default position - it’s rubbish. Wholeness is what we ought to be striving for and part of that is sadness, disappointment, frustration, failure; all of those things which make us who we are. Happiness and victory and fulfillment are nice little things that also happen to us, but they don’t teach us much. Everyone says we grow through pain and then as soon as they experience pain they say “Quick! Move on! Cheer up!” I’d like just for a year to have a moratorium on the word “happiness” and to replace it with the word “wholeness”. Ask yourself “is this contributing to my wholeness?” and if you’re having a bad day, it is.” —
Hugh Mackay (via aeloquence)
…yea, just let me be. leave me miserable.
“Sometimes getting old is about knowing who deserves what from you.” —Fact #10.
“Do not try to teach someone how to love you.” —fact #9.
- Scene one : (L'après de la dispute de 3 semaines)
- Mlle. bitch: What have you done in order for me to forgive you?
- Monsieur CINQ: Nothing.
- Mlle. bitch: ...
- Monsieur CINQ: ...
- Mlle. bitch: ...
- Monsieur CINQ: I will do somthing to make you forgive me, ok?
- Mlle bitch: ...
- Monsieur CINQ: but now I have to go to my football match.
- Me : how comforting to know the one you care will SAY what you want them to do. She/He will not necessarily DO it, but at least they were listening.Because all the did was repeat what you just said.
“Love is only sweet when you see the others in love.” —fact #8.